বুধবার, ৭ নভেম্বর, ২০১২

How The Food & Wine Festival Was Won?Part 2 | WDW Fan Zone

Hello Everyone! I hope you enjoyed Part 1 of my quest to conquer Epcot?s Food & Wine Festival. If you haven?t checked it out then please do so to get the whole story.

So here comes Part 2!

After heading back to the Boardwalk for a much needed nap and change of clothes it was back to Epcot for round 2 and I was ready to come out swinging.

After heading through the International Gateway I headed straight for Ireland as I was in need of some sugar.

?

Ireland

?

Warm Chocolate Lava Cake with Baileys Ganache

?

I?m sorry I didn?t get a better picture of the Chocolate Lava Cake but I had demolished this by the time I remembered to get a picture. This was soooo tasty and I could have easily taken a few of these down.

?

Canada

?

Cheddar Cheese Soup

?

Oh Canada! Words cannot describe how much I love Cheddar Cheese Soup. My only wish is the cups were bigger so I can get a bigger serving of this tasty dish. Bacon, Cheese, Beer?who wouldn?t love this!

?

Greece

?

Chicken Souvlaki with Tzatziki

?

This dish was something new for me as I had never tried Tzatziki sauce. The dish was ok, the pita bread was tasty but needed more chicken.

?

Desserts & Champagne

?

Dark Chocolate Mousse with Chili and Salted Caramel

?

Believe me I was going to order the Dessert Trio, but in the queue I decided to just opt for one. Chocolate and Chili is a weird combination. It tastes good but in a ?this shouldn?t taste good? sort of way.

?

Hawai?i

?

Seven Tiki Mai Tai

?

Drink time! I wanted a refreshing drink so I went with the Mai Tai. I knew that a beer booth was up next so it was a nice change to have a different drink. Also I went back another day and had the Pork Slider which was delicious.

?

Craft Beers

?

Red Hook Pilsner

?

Another beer, another tasty Pilsner. I like that Epcot has a booth dedicated to craft beers. They also offer 2 beer flights for you to sample the various offerings.

?

Terra

?

Trick'n Chick'n Curry with Basmati Rice

?

I was very intrigued about this booth as this was the first year Terra has graced the Food & Wine Festival. Having a Vegan booth is a great decision and it opens up new people to the Vegan style of food. Sadly this Trick?n Chick?n wasn?t very good. It was bland and tasteless. Not even the sauce could make this dish tasty. A good try but not for me I?m afraid.

?

Caribbean

?

Jerk Spiced Chicken Drumstick with Mango Chutney

?

This Jerk Spiced Drumstick was wonderful. The chutney offset the jerk flavour perfectly, and the chicken was a pretty nice size.

?

Argentina

?

Grilled Beef Skewer with Chimichurri Sauce and Boniato Puree

?

This is always a favourite of mine and a must eat of the Food & Wine Festival.? Always perfectly seasoned and perfectly cooked.

?

Australia

?

Grilled Lamb Chop with Mint Pesto and Potato Crunchies

?

This was a really strange dish for me. A Lamb Chop with mint which is what you traditionally have with Lamb but also with what we in England call Crisps on top. I found this really bazaar but it wasn?t bad. The only problem was the price. A little too expensive for my liking.

?

Mexico

?

Tequila Flight

?

?

?

?

?

?

?

?

?

?

?

?

This is it, the last booth! I wanted a big one to finish off on and what better way than a Tequila Flight. If you can?t get in La Cava Del Tequila, then this is a great option just outside the Pavilion. The Flight consists of 3 different shots: Tequila Blanco, Reposado and Anejo complete with lime and salt. After doing these bad boys I was done and ready for bed?. But wait!!

Whilst looking through my Passport I noticed I had missed France!! I was so angry that I messed up, but since I was walking that way to go back to the Boardwalk I wasn?t angry for long.

?

France

?

Eiffel Sour Cosmo Slush

?

I didn?t take this one as I was starting to feel the effects of the day and the Tequila catching up on me. I tasted the drink which was very tasty and refreshing. Many people commented on where to get the drink from so I can see the Slush being popular.

?

So that?s it my friends. Food & Wine Festival is conquered. It can be done with a little planning and balancing food and drinks. Next time I will consider a more in depth strategy as there were times where I was having a few drinks in a row, and we all know that?s not a good idea in the Florida heat. Also if you are considering taking on the Food & Wine challenge beware it is very pricey. In total my day came to a grand total of $140. This isn?t too bad considering it?s a whole day of food and drink, and if you are sharing the cost with friends and family it can be cheaper.

Until next time my friends, comment me on here or tweet me @detailsofdisney

?

Share on Facebook

Other Articles You May Like:

  1. How The Food & Wine Festival Was Won?Part 1 Tweet ? Hello Everyone! Well I?ve been back in real life for a week and other than being Walt Disney World homesick already, I am also very very hungry. Now the reason for this is a very easy one?Epcot?s 17th Annual Food?& Wine Festival!! In this post I am going to share with you my...
  2. Food and Wine Festival Favorites Tweet I was thrilled to have the opportunity to snack around the globe for the second year in a row at the first weekend of the Epcot International Food?& Wine Festival. I tried different snacks each day, and here are five of my favorites. ?Le Cellier? Wild Mushroom Beef Filet Mignon with Truffle Butter Sauce...
  3. Top 5 Must Try Items at Epcot International Food & Wine Festival Tweet Just around the corner is the start of the 16th Annual Epcot International Food and Wine Festival. During this special event you must feast on the many flavors from around the world. With over 25 different countries represented you are sure to find something interesting and unique to try. Here are a few of...
  4. Epcot?s Food & Wine Festival Tweet So I know it may seem kind of early, but now is really the time to start talking about Epcot?s Food & Wine Festival. Last year was my first time ever attending the annual fall event and I have a few tips to share with you! 1) Before heading out to World Showcase, stop...
  5. Top 5 Tips for Food & Wine Festival Tweet The Epcot International Food & Wine Festival is kicking off tomorrow. With 30 marketplace booths it can be overwhelming if you aren?t prepared. Here are my top five tips for visiting the booths. 5 -?Get a Disney Gift Card?- To make paying for your food and drinks easy and convenient pick up one of...

Tags: 2012 International Food and Wine Festival, Epcot, World Showcase

Source: http://www.wdwfanzone.com/2012/11/how-the-food-wine-festival-was-won-part-2/

torrey smith oakland raiders Jessica Lange NFL scores week 3 kat dennings Steve Sabol Yom Kippur 2012

কোন মন্তব্য নেই:

একটি মন্তব্য পোস্ট করুন