বৃহস্পতিবার, ৬ ডিসেম্বর, ২০১২

Our 9 Year Wedding Anniversary: There's No Faux About It

Scott?s and my 9 year wedding anniversary fell on Thanksgiving this year so we put off celebrating it because while turkey is adorable, it is not romantic. And we know romance.

UsForeheadWeddingChurch

We still put our foreheads together to remember each other.

First Dance

Our first dance as husband and wife.

Team Awkward photo

Last Christmas

Before I met Scott, I was the girlfriend who didn?t like her significant other to have friends. Gross, right? I had friends although I was a pretty crappy when I was dating. Friends were for when the boyfriend was in class. All those relationships did not end well for me or the person I dated and after a long look at the many mistake I made, I decided with God?s and some friend?s help, I would be different.

Along came Scott. I did so many things to have our relationship different and in many ways the opposite of how I had treated people in my past. One important point was we kept our friends. In fact, the first year we dated, my Christmas gift to him was a plane ticket to see his college friends. Without me.

Of course, the years have gone on and with children and jobs and life, any time with friends has to be planned and negotiated and after work and after bedtime and on the weekend but not the weekend of the dance recital. I?m a better planner than Scott so I was seeing my friends so much more often than he was. After pointing this out (a few times), we rectified our lopsided calendar, but I wanted Scott to see that his friends are as important as they were all those years ago so for OUR anniversary I bought him a plane ticket to attend his friend?s birthday party in NYC. Without me.

Scott?bought me a hilarious and awesome faux rabbit vest.

Me in faux rabbit

A faux rabbit HOODIE vest no less.

Hilarious because when I was trying to get my crazy less crazy I decided that a full-length rabbit fur coat from the local thrift store would really jazz up my style.?While I kept getting happier and less crazy, the coat turned out to be a magnet for men,?who had were 30 years older than me and had just left rehab, to ask me out. You win some, you lose some, on this journey of life.

While the vest Scott bought me is much more stylish and I?ve since developed a look that scares anyone from asking me out anymore, which is the best part of being a little older, a lot wiser and much less crazy,?I felt like the vest needed more faux so I designed faux pins on Zazzle in black and brown.

While there?s nothing faux about 9 happy years, I?d like to keep my cats from worrying that they?re next.

I love you, Scott. Thanks for the best times of life.

Source: http://www.lateenough.com/2012/12/our-9-year-wedding-anniversary-theres-no-faux-about-it/

Helen Gurley Brown Kathi Goertzen Johnny Pesky spice girls justin theroux Bumbo recall USA Basketball

কোন মন্তব্য নেই:

একটি মন্তব্য পোস্ট করুন