শুক্রবার, ২৮ ডিসেম্বর, ২০১২

sexy calendar to raise awareness of anal cancer | The Sun |Woman ...

THESE 12 sexy ladies have all stripped off for a rear-ly good cause ? to raise awareness of bottom cancer.

Ellie De Nardo, 22, put together the charity calendar after seeing her mum Jill battle the disease. Health worker Jill, 53, was diagnosed with anal cancer two years ago and received treatment at The Christie Hospital in Manchester.

Ellie and Jill De Nardo

Support ... Ellie De Nardo watched her mum Jill battle the disease

Ellie, from Buxton, Derbyshire, persuaded her pals to get naked while her old schoolmate Rosie Hardy, 22, took the pictures. Ellie, a business studies graduate, said: ?If we make just a few people aware of this rare cancer, it will have all been worthwhile.?

Proceeds from the calendar ? available from behindcancercampaign.org.uk ? go to the Christie charity and the Human Papillomavirus and Anal Cancer Foundation in the UK.

Meet the calendar girls below...

January

SARAH JONES, 24, is Ellie?s sister-in-law from Derbyshire.

?Unfortunately many members of my family have been affected by cancer and not all have survived. I jumped at the chance to raise money for The Christie, a vital hospital where they treat those suffering from cancer and support them and their families.

?Making the calendar was fun and a way 12 normal girls could raise awareness.?

February

PHOTOGRAPHER Rosie Hardy, 22, created the calendar and is a friend of Ellie?s from school.

She said: ?For most people the thought of taking your clothes off and posing naked is a daunting experience.

?But when you compare that to what cancer sufferers go through day to day, you realise it is nothing. So I just wanted to play my small part to raise awareness for this cause.?

March

KATE BESWICK, 20, is a student and a good friend of Ellie?s from Buxton, Derbyshire.

She said: ?When Ellie asked me to take part in the calendar, I automatically agreed because I knew it was for such a good and important cause.

?It is so important that people raise awareness of rare cancers and hopefully this great calendar has been a very positive way of achieving that aim.?

April

TORIE CHAPMAN, 21, a school friend of Ellie?s, is a wedding and events planner in Derbyshire.

She said: ?My best mate?s mum got cancer and I wanted to do anything that I could to help out with Ellie?s project.

?The Christie hospital has done some truly amazing work for cancer sufferers and their families.

?The more we know about this disease and how to cure it, the better.?

May

LAURA MORRIS, 20, a pal of Ellie?s from Buxton, is studying PE at Leeds Metropolitan University.

She said: ?My cousin was diagnosed with cancer when she was only 18 months old so I know how this impacts on a family. She is 53 now and fit and well, but without the research into all the types of cancer, she may not have survived.

?Doing the calendar was a little bit scary, but well worth it.?

June

NATASHA McGAREY has been Ellie?s best friend since she was four years old. She is currently studying business at The University of West England.

Natasha, 22, said: ?I wanted to help my friend and her family any way I could and the calendar is a great way to get the message across.

?After visiting the Christie with Ellie I saw how many different ages are affected by cancer, and the Christie really deserves recognition.?

July

AMY SELBY, 20, is Ellie?s friend and is studying at the University of Derby.

She said: ?Having family members who have been affected by cancer, I chose to take part to take an active part in raising money for the cause.

?I have to admit that posing naked in front of a camera was a little bit nerve-wracking for me, but doing it all with 11 friends made the whole experience a very fun one for everyone.?

August

GABY TYLER, 20, another Buxton-based pal of Ellie?s, is studying English literature at the University of Sheffield.

She said: ?My dad was treated for a malignant melanoma at the Christie and they were great with him throughout his treatment, so I really wanted to help.

Behind Cancer Campaign

Behind Cancer ... pals on charity calendar

?The calendar was a very fun and different way of raising money and getting people talking.

?I hope it did its job of raising awareness of this rare cancer.?

September

ELLIE said: ?My mum is the strongest and bravest person I know ? but even she has had her weak moments throughout all of this, which is why I did this special project for her.

?With the help of some local businesses, we managed to raise enough money to fund the production of the calendars to ensure that every single penny goes straight to the Christie hospital, which is an amazing place.?

October

AMY SMITH, 34, from Derby, is Ellie?s cousin and works as a sales manager.

She said: ?It?s not every day you get asked to get your clothes off for charity but when Ellie told me about her idea I didn?t hesitate to say yes.

?In the past few years both my mum and aunty have been diagnosed.

?Doing this calendar made me feel like I can help. If one more person is checked out because of us then we?ve done something very positive.?

November

LAURA SAVILE, 21, is another pal of Ellie?s from her home town. She is studying sports business management at Leeds Metropolitan University.

She said: ?In 2001, my mum was diagnosed with malignant melanoma and was treated at the Christie, where the cancer was successfully removed.

?Luckily skin cancers are easily detected. This is why raising awareness for lesser known ones, like anal cancer, is vital.?

December

ABI HUTTON, 22, a school mate of Ellie?s, is studying Textile Design at Manchester Metropolitan University.

She said: ?When I was about eight years old my grandma lost her battle with cancer, so I was determined to help Ellie with this campaign.

?On a happier note, I really enjoyed taking part. On the day of the shoot there was a few nervous faces but it was nothing a cheeky glass of champagne couldn?t fix.?

Source: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/woman/health/health/4714154/sexy-calendar-to-raise-awareness-of-anal-cancer.html

gamestop black friday deals Sephora Cyber Monday 2012 Walmart.com detroit lions NFL.com

কোন মন্তব্য নেই:

একটি মন্তব্য পোস্ট করুন